
As I was skimming through "The Texas Tribune", I found this article about the franchise tax limit decreasing in the following year . In 2009 , legislators approved to increase the gross revenue limit for the businesses who pay franchise taxes from $300,000 to $1 million for the first two years and drop it back down to $600,000 the next year. This action set free about 39,000 tax payers which cost the government about $172 million; but they covered this up with taxing the smoke-free tobacco so it didn't cost the state treasury anything. Governor Rick Perry of Texas disapproves this legislation. As he mentioned in his speech in Houston today, he wants legislators to keep the limit at $1 million. I am sure this can affect us directly because today I received a text message from my cell phone provider regarding to adding an extra monthly fee to my bill calling "Texas Recovery Fee". When I checked their website I figured this is exactly why I am going to have an extra fee on my bill from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment